Welcome to my world! (journey of 4 years)




I remember being somewhat lonely, socially awkward. But I always felt companioned by nature; perhaps science was my retreat from the social world with all its arbitrariness and mind numbing conventions. Whether I was collecting fallen leaves, seashells or geological specimens or capture a moment with my camera, I felt that natural world was my private playground-my own parallel universe, inhibited by Charles Darwin, George Couiver, Rabindranath, Joy Goswami,  Richard Owen, William Jones, Swami Vivekananda. For me those people were more real-certainly more alive –than most “real” people I knew. This escape into my own private world (people call it “dream world”) made me feel special and privileged, rather than isolated or “weird”. It allowed me to rise above the tedium and monotony, the humdrum existence that most people call a normal life. One recalls Bertrand Russel`s remark: “Real life to most of us is a perpetual compromise between the ideal and real, but the world of pure reason knows no compromise, one, atleast, of our nobler impulses to escape from the dreary exile of the actual world.”

Welcome to my world.

Comments